The masterminds at Free The Tone have designed the Integrated Gate. This noise reduction and gate pedal helps clean up your noisy rig without sucking your tone! If you're gigging or recording with a lot of effects and noisy pickups, you need this on your board!
From Free The Tone:
Inspiration for Noise Reduction Development
Noise picked up by guitar and bass pickups has long been a problem for musicians, recording/PA engineers, and electrical engineers. In recent years, it is said that the amount of noise picked up by pickups has increased due to the spread of personal computers, LED light bulbs, cellular phones, and wireless devices. The type of noise varies from a low booming buzz to a very high shrill noise, depending on the location. In a severe situation, it may interfere with your guitar or bass playing. To make the noise less noticeable, the volume can be turned down quickly or muted with a volume pedal or switching system, but a limit is soon reached with such methods because there are often many different phrases and tunes to be played making it difficult to also deal with noise problems. We have received many inquiries about how to reduce noise, especially that picked up by pickups on stage and how to create an environment in which the player can concentrate on the performance.
Fusion of Digital and Analog
In developing the “INTEGRATED GATE”, we adopted an approach in which the audio signal line is left in the analog domain without being digitized from the viewpoint of emphasis on sound quality, and the output level is controlled at high speed and accurately by a digital circuit. We have adopted a digitally controlled analog circuit system which is one of our strengths. This technology is also used in our PA-1Q series (Programmable Analog 10-Band EQ) and TRI AVATAR (TA-2H).
- The input signal is constantly monitored by our original signal monitoring system. The optimal noise reduction operation is performed on the input signal.
- Equipped with Noise Reduction and Noise Gate modes. You can select the operation to suit your purpose.
- Equipped with input impedance select switch (Hi-Z/Lo-Z).
- Control by MIDI signal (Control Change Number) is possible (effect on/off only).
- Equipped with Free The Tone’s original HTS (Holistic Tonal Solution) circuit. Unlike conventional buffer circuits, the HTS circuit performs impedance conversion while drawing out the sound characteristics of the guitar and bass to the utmost limit, achieving both “high sound quality” and “low noise.” Even when the effect is off, this HTS circuit prevents the deterioration of the sound quality of the guitar and bass sounds.
- Since the output signal is in phase with the input signal, there is no need to worry about phase inversion.
- Input impedance 800kΩ(Hi-Z), 300kΩ(Lo-Z)
- Output load impedance min. 10 kΩ
- Max. input level +15dBu
- Controls THRESHOLD, Input impedance select switch(Hi-Z/Lo-Z)
- Terminals 2 x 1/4" standard phone jacks (input, output), DC9V input jack (for AC adapter connection), 3.5-mm stereo mini jack (MIDI IN)
- Power supply 9-volt PP3 battery, AC adapter
- Current consumption 35mA
- Dimensions (D x W x H) 72 x 115 x 50 mm (incl. protuberances such as footswitches, jacks, etc.)
- Accessories Warranty card, Website Access card, Safety precaution, 4 x Rubber feet.