The masterminds at Crazy Tube Circuits have managed to put the wildly popular Sidekick multi effect unit, into a compact junior version! Introducing the all new Sidekick Jr. . Featuring Reverb, Echo/Delay, and Modulation! It's perfect pedal to help color your sound. Each effect section can be engaged independently and all three effect sections can be used together simultaneously.
This pedal is great for shaping deep ambient tones or even subtle splashy fat sounds.
If you need to be able to dial in a wide array of modulation, Reverb, and Delay but don't have the real-estate on your board, this is the pedal for you!
Optional XT pedal sold separately. $45
The perfect companion now comes in a smaller package - meet Sidekick JR !
Taking inspiration from the senior unit we released back in 2019, our goal was to create a compact pedal that would combine the most widely used time-based effects and would fit into any gear setup lurking for 80s tones and beyond. From the jangly, ambient and shimmering sounds of New Wave, Shoegaze and Synth Pop to the soaking wet tones of Hair / Glam Metal. The new Sidekick JR features even more sounds / algorithm selections compared to the senior unit.
Modulation effect / algorithms were inspired by classic 80s stompboxes. “Ensemble” algorithm resembles warm and mild modulated chorus sounds while the “dimension” algorithm will enhance the 3D image of your sound but without the typical chorus warble. The “flanger” algorithm was inspired by a classic flanger pedal being set up as a slow chorus with mild feedback added for a more metallic sound.
Echo / delay section offers the sweet but vibrant sound of a tape echo with a freshly installed tape running through a colourful preamp or the pristine repeats of an 80s digital delay rack unit.
Reverb section was inspired by definitive examples of 80s reverb rack units and sounds and offers two algorithm banks. Bank A features all time classic reverbs sounds like “plate”, “spring” and “hall” while Bank B features signature 80s reverb sounds like “gated”, “exciter” (our trademark big-hall reverb algorithm with almost infinite reflections and decay) and octave up “shimmer”.
In order to provide full flexibility in the smallest enclosure possible we had to come up with a smart switching setup. As per standard onboard function, the delay and reverb effect sections of Sidekick JR operate independently from each other and the modulation is assignable to any of these sections. With the addition of the XT footswitch (sold separately) the modulation section becomes totally independent and can be switched on/off (true bypass) on its own.
Sidekick JR also features a power-up bypass/engage pre-set function for the onboard footswitches. That way you can select which state your pedal will go to when you plug the power supply. This function comes in especially handy to people that use remote pedal switchers / loopers as they only set the power-up state of the pedal once and then operate from the controller.
- Power-up bypass/engage preset function for the onboard footswitches.
- External accessory - XT footswitch (sold separately), connected via a standard TS instrument cable, isolates modulation effect operation from the
- onboard footswitches. Connection of XT footswitch bypasses onboard modulation operation assign toggle switch.
- Click-less true bypass design via high quality relays for each effect section (unless the internal reverb buffer bypass option is selected).
- Internal switch selects between true bypass and buffer bypass with reverb tails for the reverb effect section.
- Top mounted input and output jacks: 6.3 mm mono jack.
- Power Supply: 9V DC, 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm, center negative (not included).
- Current consumption 210mA.
- Dimensions (W x L x H) : 69 x 125 x 58 mm.
- Made in Greece.